This week, we have something special — and a little different. We know from research that reading aloud is one of the best ways to turn kids into lifelong readers, and over the past 40 plus episodes, we’ve asked A LOT of talented authors to read aloud from their work. Today, we’ve stitched our picture book read-alouds together into one short episode that’s perfect for your 3- to 8-year-old!
We’ll also hear from Tara Welty, editor-in-chief of Scholastic Teacher, about their 50 Brilliant Books for Summer List.
- More information about The Rooster Who Would Not Be Quiet!
- Listen to our episode with Carmen Agra Deedy, author of The Rooster Who Would Not Be Quiet!
- More information about Happy Dreamer
- Listen to our episode with Peter H. Reynolds, author of Happy Dreamer
- More information about The Princess and the Pony
- Listen to our episode with Kate Beaton, author of The Princess and the Pony
- Learn more about A Poem for Peter by Andrea Davis Pinkney
- More information about Julia Donaldson and Zog and the Flying Doctors
- Scholastic Teacher's 50 Brilliant Books for Summer
- See more data around the importance of reading aloud
- Tara Welty is the Editor-in-Chief of Scholastic Teacher. Tara is also Vice President, group Editorial Director and Editor of Scholastic ART magazine and Teacher Resources at Scholastic.
- Music composed by Lucas Elliot Eberl
- Sound mix and editing by Daniel Jordan and Chris Johnson
- Produced by Emily Morrow