Just in time for Women’s History Month, Kate Beaton joins us to talk about her bestselling picture book, The Princess and the Pony, writing female characters, and her work on the wildly popular Hark! A Vagrant comic strip. Editors Cheryl Klein and Emily Clement also join us to talk about how they first discovered Kate’s work and to share some of their favorite female characters in literature.
- Kate Beaton (Hark! A Vagrant, Step Aside, Pops, The Princess and the Pony, King Baby)
- Cheryl Klein: Executive Editor, Arthur A. Levine Books
- Emily Clement: Editor, Arthur A. Levine Books
- Music composed by Lucas Elliot Eberl
- Sound mixing and editing by Daniel Jordan
- Produced by Megan Kaesshaefer
Photo credit: Notker Mahr