Multiplatform Storytelling: The Team Behind Horizon
What do you do with a story that's too big to be contained in a book series? This week, we're talking about Horizon, a new multiplatform adventure for 9- to 12-year olds. Joining us in the studio are New York Times bestselling author Scott Westerfeld (Uglies, Leviathan, Afterworlds), game designer Gavin Brown, and editor Nick Eliopulos to talk about the unique approach Scholastic's multiplatform team takes to storytelling. As Nick says, "The books that we love become these spaces that we want to play in."
- Read an excerpt from Horizon by Scott Westerfeld
- Download the Horizon app on your iOS or Android device
- Play the Horizon game on your desktop
- Join in the discussion on the Horizon forums
- "Underwater Dreams" — the documentary about high school students who compete in a college-level robotics competition
- "Taking Flight: NASA Prepares to Welcome New Class of Astronauts"
- Scott Westerfeld is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Uglies series, which has been translated into 35 languages; the Leviathan series; Afterworlds; and many other books for young readers. He was born in Texas, and alternates summers between Sydney, Australia and New York City.
- Nick Eliopulos is an editor at Scholastic.
- Gavin Brown is a digital product director at Scholastic.
- Music composed by Lucas Elliot Eberl
- Sound mix and editing by Daniel Jordan and Christopher Johnson
- Produced by Emily Morrow