Craig Hatkoff and his daughter Isabella join us to talk about Cecil’s Pride: The True Story of a Lion King, their stunning new picture book. Craig and Isabella give us a behind-the-scenes look at the famed lion’s life and death, and explain how their family’s passion for animals has resulted in a series of children’s books about resilience and survival.
- Craig Hatkoff. A prolific children’s book author, Craig is a cofounder of the Tribeca Film Festival and founder and Chairman of Turtle Pond Publications, a private entertainment and media company in New York City. He is also on the Board of Directors of WildlifeDirect, New York University’s Child Study Center, the Sesame Workshop, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Borough of Manhattan Community College Foundation. Craig Hatkoff, Juliana Hatkoff, and Isabella Hatkoff have authored Owen & Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship, Looking for Miza and Winter’s Tail, among many other titles.
- Isabella Hatkoff. An animal lover and a volunteer for several animal welfare organizations, Isabella is a high school student in New York City. She has contributed illustrations to Owen & Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship and Cecil’s Pride: The True Story of a Lion King, among other titles.
- Learn more about Cecil’s Pride: The True Story of a Lion King.
- Read about the work of Brent Stapelkamp, wildlife photographer and lion researcher for the Oxford University Wildlife Conservation Research Unit.
- Music composed by Lucas Elliot Eberl
- Sound mix and editing by Daniel Jordan
- Produced by Megan Kaesshaefer