Celebrate Earth Day with these resources
Earth Day is right around the corner and it's the perfect time to talk with the little ones in your life about the importance (and beauty!) of our planet. Founded in 1970 and celebrated annually on April 22, Earth Day is a global holiday that encourages environmental awareness. Fortunately, Scholastic has some great resources to start those conversations:
- Earth Day teaching ideas, lesson plans, and community projects
- Discussion guide for the Sunlight series by Molly Bang & Penny Chisholm
- Scholastic News 1 & Scholastic News 2 featuring the story "Who picks up all the trash?"
- A family guide to green living
- How to get kids involved on Earth Day
- Communicate with your kids about climate change
- Hands-on gardening and nature projects
- Crafting with recyclables
And, of course, we always love to start conversations around books, so be sure to check out our list of top picks for Earth Day here!