The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the nation’s longest-running and most prestigious scholarship and recognition program for young artists and writers in grades 7–12, has triumphantly returned to Carnegie Hall to film this year’s 2022 National Celebration for everyone to watch and stream from the comfort of their homes!
Tune in this evening, Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 7:00pm ET here to watch: https://www.artandwriting.org/celebrate/
Some of the highlight in tonight’s Virtual National Ceremony, which celebrates the accomplishments of this year’s national medalists, will include:
- An introduction by singer, songwriter, actress, author, and television host Kelly Clarkson
- A keynote speech from television host, rapper, actor, and comedian Nick Cannon
- Remarks by Critics Choice Award-winning and Emmy® and SAG Award nominated actress, director, PhD and author Mayim Bialik
- A message to students from distinguished multidisciplinary artist and 2022 Alumni Achievement Award recipient Derek Fordjour
- A reading of an original poem by 2020 Southeast region National Student Poet Isabella Ramirez
The virtual ceremony will also include three interviews with celebrities—each a current leader in their chosen artistic field—and three 2022 Gold Medal Portfolio recipients—the program’s highest honor which includes a $10,000 scholarship. These conversations feature:
- Fashion designer and past Scholastic Award recipient Zac Posen interviewing photographer Franchesca Vilmenay
- #1 New York Times bestselling author Jason Reynolds interviewing writer William Meng
- Painter and past Scholastic Award recipient Tschabalala Self interviewing artist Dessa Ely
Throughout the event, selections of award-winning art and writing will be showcased along with the powerful and original voices of these incredible teens.
You can join the conversation on social media with the hashtag #GoldKey. We look forward to celebrating with you all!