This post was written by Trevor Thompson, Manager, Corporate Communications.
Scholastic is proud to announce its inaugural Teacher Fellow Cohort comprised of 12 high-performing K-8 teachers from across the U.S. This innovative program offers Scholastic a direct pathway to each educator’s diverse expertise to better infuse real-time classroom experience into product development and instructional offerings.
“The Teacher Fellow program builds on the strong connections Scholastic has had with teachers for more than a century and reflects our deep commitment to develop resources for today’s teachers' immediate needs. We are thrilled to welcome these twelve educators into the Scholastic family to share their diverse experiences and critical perspectives,” says Chief Academic Officer Amanda Alexander.
Through the school year, the fellows will collaborate with Scholastic Education Solutions Product, Research and Development teams and will have access to unique professional development opportunities. Each educator will complete a capstone project which will be showcased at a summit at Scholastic’s NYC headquarters at the conclusion of the program. Additionally, fellows will receive a stipend of $2,000 as well as at least $500 retail value of books and materials from Scholastic.
Teacher Fellows were selected through an open call for applications which were reviewed by a panel of judges based on measures of problem-solving skills, overall teaching experience, classroom practices, and more. The Inaugural 2022-2023 Teacher Fellows include:
- Dorita Barr, Grade 6-8 Reading Specialist/Instructional Coach, Crossroads Preparatory Academy, Kansas City, MO
- Anjuli Dyal, K-1 Teacher, P.S. 121Q, South Ozone Park, NY
- Jenifer Evans, Grade 3 Teacher, Hahaione Elementary School, Honolulu, HI
- Anna Hart, Grade 5 Teacher, Monaview Elementary School, Greenville, SC
- Lisa A. Johnston, Grade K Teacher, Brinnon School, Brinnon, WA
- Jadah M. Jones, K-5 Instructional Technology Resource Teacher, Norfolk Public School District, Norfolk, VA
- Christina Landburg, Grade 4 Teacher, Carthage Intermediate Center, Carthage, MO
- Andrew Laudel, Grade 7 Teacher, Brunswick School, Greenwich, CT
- Annikah Moaratty, Grade 2 Teacher, Royal Academy of Excellence, San Antonio, TX
- Tierra Pitchford, Grade 1 Teacher, Caldwell Elementary School, Round Rock, TX
- Genelynn Pugliese, Grade 1 Teacher, ASCEND School, Oakland, CA
- Robin Simmons, K-8 Instructional Coach, Hillside Elementary School, Madera, CA
To stay up to date on the Teacher Fellow Cohort and similar programs, follow @ScholasticEd on Twitter and visit the Scholastic Education Solutions homepage!