Kids of all ages can celebrate their graduation virtually this year with a jam-packed commencement event hosted across Scholastic’s digital platforms!
Many milestone moments were disrupted this year due to the impact of COVID-19, causing students of all ages to miss out on their graduation ceremonies. While things may not have panned out in a way any of us could have expected, we hope to make this time even more festive with some special content for all ages!
Join us on our social media channels starting Wednesday, June 17, as we celebrate each graduating class with messages from beloved creators. Some programming highlights include:
- A commencement speech video from Peter H. Reynolds, author of Say Something, Happy Dreamer, and Be You!
- Must-see "Congratulations” images from our incredibly talented illustrators
- Celebratory video messages from beloved authors of books for young readers
- …and more!
Plus, make sure your kids don’t miss our Class of 2020 Graduation Bash, taking place next Wednesday, June 17 at 3PM EST / 12PM PST, on Scholastic Home Base, our free and safe digital destination for kids, where they can meet favorite characters, play games, explore islands, and interact with fellow fans!
The event will include:
- Words of wisdom shared by superstar authors Debbie Rigaud (the Hope series), Lauren Tarshis (the I Survived series), Sayantani DasGupta (the Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond series), and Tui T. Sutherland (the Wings of Fire series)
- Exclusive graduation caps
- A celebratory dance party in the Summer Read-a-Palooza zone to officially kick-off the summer season
- …and more!
Congratulations to all graduates of the Class of 2020 – we can’t wait to celebrate you!