April is National Card and Letter Writing Month! We're celebrating the tangible beauty of handwritten cards and letters with a #LettersChat Twitter Chat on April 9th at 8pm ET. The chat will feature The United States Postal Service (@USPS), Writing expert and author Ruth Culham (@WritingThief), and Parent & Child Magazine editor Elizabeth Shaw (@PARENTandCHILD).
The USPS will ask Ruth and Elizabeth several questions about card and letter writing, and will also cover the following:
- How to get kids excited about writing letters
- How parents can make writing thank-you notes feel like less of a chore
- How parents can encourage neat handwriting
- How kids can get started with a Pen Pal
- How teachers can help their students add a personal voice to their letters
- How to encourage students to practice letter writing & work through multiple drafts
- How to help students identify when a handwritten letters is better than an email or text message
Where students can see models of good letter writing
We'll be sharing a ton of tips and book recommendations during the chat, and please bring questions of your own! Remember to follow along at #LettersChat on Twitter.
We can't wait to see you there.