Welcome to our OOM series From the Kid Reporters’ Notebook. Each month, we’ll share news articles written by Kid Reporters around the world who are part of the award-winning Scholastic Kids Press program. Educators and parents can use these articles to help teach kids about the issues and topics that matter most to them. Here’s our latest roundup of “news for kids, by kids.”
- Nanaka Takahashi offers a behind-the-scenes look of the area where athletes will stay during the Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
- John Woo spoke with an Olympic hopeful from Korea who is only 14 years old.
- Quade Kelley spoke with two skateboarders on the U.S. Olympic team who are competing in Tokyo.
- Cami Cortes visited a new exhibition in Atlanta that commemorates the 25th anniversary of the Centennial Olympic Games, which the city hosted in 1996.
- Brian Kan King Lun reports on how residents of Hong Kong have aided their neighbors in Nepal who are struggling with the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nikita Mohile spoke with Chief Robert Joseph, a First Nations leader in Canada, about the inhumane treatment of Indigenous children and the path towards racial justice.