Teachers play such a significant role in our lives and we are thankful for all that they do every single day. Whether they are former teachers, current teachers, teachers of little loved ones, or just teachers in our lives, we understand how important their job is in student development and learning. There are so many things that come to mind when I think of the word "teacher" and many, many, people that I immidiately think about because they have had such a huge impact on my own life. And I know I'm not the only one. It was hard to narrow down only ten things to love about teachers (because let's be honest.. the list is endless!) but since today is National Teacher Appreciation Day, I wanted to share with you just a few reasons why teachers are so special.
1. They teach us new things and help us discover our passions!
How many of us can say that we've developed a passion for a particular study from a teacher that introduced it to us?
2. They believe in us, encourage us to reach our highest potential, and convince us that we can do anything we set our minds to.
Teachers are great at motivating, supporting, and challenging us to unlocking our true potential! They believe in us before we believe in ourselves.
3. They help foster a love for reading, writing, and learning.
Reading and writing are SO important and these are skills that we use for the rest of our lives. Learning to not only read but truly comprehend texts is something we owe our teachers!
4. They open a world of possibility and make learning FUN!
It's not unusual for teachers to suddenly sing, dance, or take part in silly activities to show that learning something new can be fun and will show that in their own creative ways.
5. They can pretty much do it all! They are not only teachers, they are mentors, coaches, motivators, supporters, and friends.
What can't teachers do!? And when they can't.. they'll find a way!
6. They take pride in the little things their students accomplish and the milestones we make.
They celebrate student accomplishments and although teachers know they only have their students for a short period of time, they are proud to see them succeed and move on.
7. They have the ability to leave an everlasting impression on so many of their students.
I still remember my Kindergarten teacher - and I don't think I can ever forget how enthusiastic and full of life she was. She brought so much joy into the classroom, and that's something that will stick with me forever.
8. They are lifelong students themselves!
Teachers spend hours practicing all different kinds of professional development and are committed to being the best teachers they can be. They share ideas, go to workshops, sit in different classrooms, read texts, and try new things.
9. They are patient and they care!
Even though every student learns at a different pace, teachers are completely devoted to making sure each one is learning and understanding - and no one is left behind, no matter how long it takes.
10. They partner with families and communities to ensure every student gets what they need to succeed!
Student education is a team effort! Teachers do everything they can to try and get everyone invloved.
And despite the challenges that come with being a teacher, they LOVE what they do because they know they're making a difference in their students' lives. Make sure to show appreciation to teachers today!
"Nearly every teacher I know care more deeply than probably the general public has any understanding of. It is the only job you'll ever have where you can't sleep because you're worried about someone else's child and that's a true statement." Elementary School Teacher