In July 1992, Scholastic introduced a monthly book series by R.L. Stine called Goosebumps with Goosebumps: Welcome to Dead House. Twenty-five years (and several generations of frightened kids later), Goosebumps is now one of the best-selling children's series of all time with more than 350 million English language books in print. To celebrate this milestone, we invited R.L. Stine into the studio to reflect on the last 25 years and to give us a look at what's still to come for the master of horror.
Joining us in the studio today is a special co-host, Gina Asprocolas. Gina is a Scholastic employee who was a die-hard Goosebumps fan as a child. She shares her story of growing up with Goosebumps, gives Stine some inspiration for millennial-inspired stories, and we test her R.L. Stine-related knowledge with some trivia!
- Find more information about all of the Goosebumps books here
- Learn more about R.L. Stine
- Read more about SlappyWorld #1: Slappy Birthday to You, SlappyWorld #2: Attack of the Jack, and SlappyWorld #3: I Am Slappy's Evil Twin
- Get more information about the Goosebumps movie
- See a photo of R.L. Stine's finger that's written 300 books
- See a photo of Ryan Gosling in "Say Cheese and Die"
- R.L. Stine is the author of the Goosbumps series and one of the best-selling children's authors in history. Follow him on Twitter @rl_stine
- Gina Asprocolas is an internal communications manager at Scholastics and quite possibly one of the biggest Goosebumps fans of all time (or, at least in New Jersey).
- Music composed by Lucas Elliot Eberl
- Sound mix and editing by Daniel Jordan and Chris Johnson
- Produced by Emily Morrow