What to read on Election Day
I love Election Day. But this has been a particularly brutal election season, so today is a good day to turn off the news (at least until later tonight when results start coming in!) and pick up a book. But what should you read on Election Day?
I'm so glad you asked! Check out some of these great titles for kids:
- The Kid Who Ran for President by Dan Gutman
- The White House: A Pop-Up of Our Nation’s Home by Robert Sabuda
- Fly Guy Presents: The White House by Tedd Arnold
- Scholastic Book of Presidents by George Sullivan
- LaRue for Mayor by Mark Teague
- Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio, illustrated by LeUyen Pham
- Bad Kitty for President by Nick Bruel
And there are more suggestions over on our Parents site.
I like to hear about people, real or imagined, finding the courage to run for office, whether it's a local position or a national one. If stories about people running for office - any office - inspire you as much as they do me, check out JudyNewmanatScholastic.com for her tale of running for Book Fair Chair President, too!