One week down, 17 go!
That's right, we just finished the first week of Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge and so far (as of 1:27PM ET), kids have logged over 5.5 MILLION reading minutes!
Here's what's happened in the first full week of this year's campaign:
- We opened the site to all participants featuring customized Dog Man art provided by Summer Reading Global Ambassador Dav Pilkey just for the Challenge!
- The first weekly surprise of the campaign was UNLOCKED: a how-to draw Dog Man printable! Each week for 18 weeks, kids will unlock a fun book-themed activity like a game, printable, book excerpt or quiz.
- We launched a giveaway right here on OOM where eight lucky winners were chosen to receive an eight pack of books to help kick-start summer reading!
- Scholastic Parents launched their own giveaway over on Facebook!
- The Summer Reading Road Trip kicked off its second year with stops in Florida, Arizona, North Carolina and Florida!
- Reading Ambassadors started to hold summer reading events across the country! We'll be announcing the full list of this year's ambassadors soon!
You can check out some tweets from the Summer Reading Road Trip and Reading Ambassador events below, and be sure to follow the hashtag #summerreading on social media for more Summer Reading fun!
Summer Reading Road Trip
Iowa First Lady Christine Branstad is one of our Reading Ambassadors! Here she is talking summer reading at Holy Family Catholic School: pic.twitter.com/v7yoUbGCSG— Scholastic (@Scholastic) April 13, 2017