Setting reading goals for yourself and the children in your world is a fun way to open a world of possible each year, and in 2016 we shared our first reading challenge for OOM readers. It was exciting to see how many people downloaded the bingo board and we love the enthusiasm for a 2017 follow-up.
Last year I did a decent job of reaching my reading goals, however, there were 7 empty spaces on my board. Just 7 books... It makes me reflect on some of the shows I binge-watched and the hours that I spent at the gym; I should have been reading!
This year, OOMers have resolved to read more historical nonfiction, books written in Spanish, comics... and of course we challenge you to play with us once again!
The Scholastic 2017 Reading Bingo
How to play:
- Download the PDF for the 2017 Scholastic Reading Bingo board.
- Read a book.
- See which descriptions/squares the book matches.
- Write the name of the book in the square or, for a fun visual, print out a small image of the book's cover and paste it in the box.
- Repeat steps 2-4 several times.
- Once you fill in a row vertically, horizontally, or diagonally - yell "BINGO!" nice and loud.
If you really want to challenge yourself, read 49 unique books and complete the whole board!
So far I have read Paul Pope's Battling Boy for my Eisner square and Bill Konigsberg's Honestly Ben for a "book that involves sports". We'd love to follow your progress if you want to share your reading bingos on social media; just use the hashtag #ScholasticReadingBingo .