Mark your calendars: On Wednesday, June 12 at 8PM EDT, we'll be hosting a Twitter chat with the New York Public Library and the National Council of Teachers of English all about summer learning!
We'll be sharing tips and ideas to keep kids engaged all summer long. You can follow along and join in the conversation by using #SummerLearningChat!
We have three fantastic participants joining us:
Pam Allyn (@PamAllyn) is the Senior Vice President of Innovation and Development at Scholastic Education.
Shauntee Burns-Simpson (@ShaunteeBS) is the Manager of School Support at The New York Public Library.
Franki Sibberson (@frankisibberson) is the president of the National Council of Teachers of English.
We can't wait to see the conversation unfold, and we hope you'll be joining in! To help you prepare for the chat, here are the questions we'll be asking participants:
- What is the summer slide and why is it so important to address?
- What are some of the biggest obstacles to summer learning, and what can we do to overcome them?
- How can we change perceptions around summer learning and turn it into something joyful and fun?
- What are some tips for how educators and community partners can work together to set students up for success?
- What can parents do to encourage their children’s summer learning?
- What are some things you’re doing within your organizations and communities to combat the summer slide?
We'll see you on Twitter using #SummerLearningChat on June 12!