Every Friday, we share a handful of links that we found informative, provocative, or just plain cool. We call it In Our Feeds. Have a great weekend!
- Bravo to this Minnesotan librarian for curating an excellent #BlackLivesMatter booklist for teens in her local community. Put this very important book list on your #FridayReads.
- “Pokémon Go” has taken the world by storm, but can imagine if a “Harry Potter Go” game existed? Who wouldn’t want to search for horcruxes as they waited in line at their local coffee shop?
- Speaking of “The Boy Who Lived,” check out this precious Harry Potter-themed newborn photo shoot. 10 points for Gryffindor (and these parents)!
- Are you an insomniac? Well, you would be in good company with Dr. Seuss. Theodor Seuss Giesel created surrealist art series he called “Midnight Paintings” during his many sleepless nights.
- The Atlantic recently reported that many high-poverty urban neighborhoods are areas where it is extremely different for child to find high-quality books to read this summer.
- Brush up your Shakespeare – or, instead, your favorite picture book. Research has found that children’s books use more rare words than adult television series.