It’s been about one month since we announced the 45 junior journalists joining the 2018–19 Scholastic News Kids Press Corps, and they are already making headlines in their hometowns!
The Scholastic News Kid Reporters have been taking interviews with broadcast journalists, radio show hosts and newspaper reporters across the country who are spotlighting the local students covering news for kids, by kids, including breaking news and trending topics, as well as entertainment, sports and local stories. During the interviews, they talk about their passion for writing and their excitement to take on this new role.
Here are a few recent highlights!:
- BRC-TV 13 in PA: Lehighton Middle Schooler Chosen as Kid Reporter By Scholastic
- KUSI News in CA: Scholastic News Kids Press Corp features program for “Kid Reporters”
- The Village Green in NJ: South Orange Student Selected as Kid Reporter by Scholastic
- WJLA-TV (ABC) in Washington, DC: Two local students selected for 'National Kids Press' corps
- KHOU-TV (CBS) in TX: This seventh grade journalist has joined the national press
- WBBM-AM in IL: Local 7th Grader Named Scholastic Kid Reporter
- Register-Pajaronian in CA: Ella Porter, kid reporter
- WHAS-TV (ABC) in KY: Louisville seventh grader earns elite honor with Scholastic News
- WATN-TV (ABC) in TN: Local Cool Kid: Aanya Kabra
- WKMG-TV (CBS) in FL: Celebration student becomes newest Scholastic News Magazine kid reporter: Andrew Raymundo, 12, only Florida student to be chosen
Follow the Scholastic News Kid Reporters all year at www.scholastic.com/kidspress and in select issues of Scholastic Classroom Magazines which reach more than 25 million students in classrooms nationwide!
Scholastic News Kids Press Corps