April 10 is Good Deeds Day, an annual celebration that unites over 70 countries around the world in doing good deeds.
In support of Good Deeds Day, millions of people will join together to spread goodness - putting into practice this simple idea: every single person can do something good, be it large or small, to improve the lives of others and positively change the world.
This year, Scholastic Book Fairs has joined forces with Good Deeds Day to emphasize how valuable it is to get involved in the book fair and to show the positive impact this action can have on students, families, and schools. Courtesy of Scholastic Book Fairs, here are some simple ways you can participate in Good Deeds Day:
- Volunteer at the Schoalstic Book Fair
- Read aloud to students
- Visit the Scholastic Book Fair with your kids
- Supporti a teacher's classroom wish list
- Donate loose change to All for Books™
There are many opportunities to encourage family engagement at your Scholastic Book Fair. Here’s how your school can participate:
- Choose a date during your fair for a Good Deeds Day.
- Send invites to families explaining the day and inspiring them to participate.
- Encourage all your good-doers to share their experiences and spread the word!
- Share your experience on social media using: #mybookfair #GoodDeedsDay #sharethegood