What’s fun to read and fun to play with? Interactive board books, which include touch and feel elements, lift-the-flaps, and more!
In the third installment of our “Best Books for Baby Showers” series, check out five of our favorites. These tactile treasures are perfect for the littlest readers, who love to explore the world with their hands as much as their eyes and ears.
1. All things Sandra Magsamen!
We can’t talk about novelty without bringing up Sandra Magsamen, who blends her message of love with sweet, tactile touches. While it’s difficult to narrow down the list (she’s published more than 65 books!), here are some of our favorite titles and formats:
- Baby Love features a mirror on every page, so babies can look at their own image while hearing adorable text about mommy-baby pairs in the animal kingdom.
- You Are My Sunshinehas a charming heart-shaped format with a finger puppet embedded through the center of the book! Parents and kids can sing and play along as they read this sweet interpretation of the popular children’s song.
- I Love You, Honey Bunnyfeatures soft, plush ears extending from the top of the book, which are perfect to touch and explore.
These books have a low price point and that little something extra that make them the perfect addition to any new-baby bookshelf.
2. Hide-and-Seek, Baby Shark! by John John Bajet
The star of everyone’s favorite song, “Baby Shark,” plays hide-and-seek in this rhyming countdown, which features squishy sharks on every page! Little ones will love touching the sharks just as much as they love hearing the words.
3. Roar! Roar! I’m a Dinosaur! by Jo Lodge
Almost all children go through a dinosaur phase, and this is the perfect way to start them young! Sliding tabs make each dino dance and move, and little ones will roar with excitement as the pterodactyl’s wings swoop and flap and the stegosaurus’s feet stomp and clomp!
4. We Love Animals: Two Books in One! by Lo Cole
With a little book built into a large board book, moms and little ones can each have fun turning the pages in We Love Animals: Two Books in One. This is an innovative way to introduce babies to some beloved creatures and their habitats, and the special format makes it the perfect book for gift-giving.
5. Let’s Go, Construction Trucks! by Scholastic
Built-in wheels that actually spin make Let’s Go, Construction Trucks! one of the most engaging, interactive truck books around. Babies will be introduced to the heavy hitters—dump truck, bulldozer, crane and more—while having a chance to get in on the fun.