Pisces Season (February 19 – March 20) is here! Check out this literary profile on our favorite fish including reading recommendations for Pisces of all ages.
Easygoing Pisces are known to go with the flow — symbolic of the fish that represent them. Intuitive and wise, Pisces are comforting to be around. You can probably find them near the water, or anywhere that they can escape reality through art and music. The symbol of the fish swimming in opposite directions represents the internal Pisces struggle between their dreams and reality.
Symbol: The Fish
Ruling Planet: Neptune
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
Pisces as a protagonist: Set in an undersea fantasy world, you go on an epic quest and find true love along the way.
How you save the day: Pulling yourself from a daydream state, you will use your healing powers to mend a relationship. To keep the world at peace you will use your intuition to figure out who is trustworthy and whom you should swim clear of.
The sign of your sidekick: Cancer
These water signs swim in total tandem. As compassionate and intuitive signs, this duo understands that communication is key in any friendship. Always up for a new adventure, this pair can be exploring the world around them even if that world is all in their imagination.
Perfect books for the Pisces in your life:
We’ve rounded up books perfect for the fish friends in your life. Fantasy filled with compassionate characters, these books are perfect for Pisces all around.
Picture Books (Ages 4-7)
- A Drop of Water by Walter Wick
- Happy Dreamer by Peter H. Reynolds
- Rabbit Moon by Jean Kim
- Princess Truly in I am Truly by Kelly Greenawalt
Young Readers (Ages 5-10)
- Sarai Saves the Music by Monica Brown and Sarai Gonzalez
- Rainbow Magic Special Edition: Evelyn the Mermicorn by Daisy Meadows (On sale 4/30/19)
- Ruby and the Booker Boys #1: Brand New School, Brave New Ruby by Derrick D. Barnes
Middle Grade (8-12)
- Sunny Side Up by Jennifer L. Holm
- Amulet series by Kazu Kibuishi
- Cleopatra in Space by Mike Maihack
- Wings of Fire Graphic Novel #2: The Lost Heir by Tui T. Sutherland
Young Adult (Ages 12 and up)
- Amber and Dusk by Lyra Selene
- The Music of What Happens by Bill Konisberg (On sale 2/26/19)
- Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West
- The Deceiver’s Heart by Jennifer A. Nielsen