If anything can defeat Mercury in retrograde, a lion most definitely can! Mercury turns direct on July 31, about a week into Leo Season (July 23 – August 23). And let's be honest, that is something to ROAR about!
Leos are as fierce as their symbol, the lion. These natural leaders use their bold confidence and courage to be trailblazers in everything they do. Lions tend to be super social and love making sure that the whole pack is included.
Energetic and optomistic, Leos never back away from a challenge. As they strive to shine like their ruling planet the sun in all that they do, those around them will absorb this bright energy.
Ruling Planet: Sun
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor
Sign of their sidekick: Libra
Leo as a protagonist: A book with a Leo at the forefront will be a grand adventure. Our hero may learn a lesson on sharing the spotlight or learning how to harness their inner roar. They are bold enough to face demons and Dementors, while making sure no friend is left behind.
How a Leo saves the day: When a Lion swoops in to the save the day, they are probably leading a whole team to victory! They use their boldness to their advantage to overcome any challenge.
Perfect reads for the Leo in your life: We rounded up a list of books filled with bold and brave characters for the Lions in your life!
Picture Books (4-7):
- Thelma the Unicorn by Aaron Blabey
- The Sun is Kind of a Big Deal by Nick Seluk
- The Lion Inside Rachel Bright
Young Readers (5-10):
- Tabby's First Quest (Kitten Kingdom #1) by Mia Bell
- Sparks! by Ian Boothby, illustrated by Nina Matsumoto
- Revenge of the Sis (Star Wars: Jedi Academy #7) by Jarrett J. Krosoczka and Amy Ignatow
Middle Grade (8-12):
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Kristy’s Great Idea by Ann M. Martin, illustrated by Raina Telgemeier
- Dactyl Hill Squad by Daniel José Older
- Resistance by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Young Adult (12+):
- Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
- The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali by Sabina Khan