A Year of Dragons
By Michael on February 6th, 2013
Chinese New Year begins this weekend and we are leaving the Year of the Dragon. As my family sat down to celebrate a little early last Sunday, it occurred to me that this past year, we published quite a few books about dragons! Here are some of the books:
- The Wings of Fire series soared into summer with The Dragonet Prophecy and then The Lost Heir roared into The Scholastic Store in January.
- The Dragon Chronicles by Chris D’Lacey came to a conclusion this year with Fire World and The Fire Ascending. There is also a companion book called Rain & Fire in case you want to keep these dragons burning a while longer.
- There were also two new readers from Dragon – Apple Picking Day and Dragon Goes Ice Skating.
- Not to forget younger readers, A Gold Star for Zog is a sweet story about dragon school. I guess even dragons need positive reinforcement!
- A few of our series favorites also included dragon books this year. There was Geronimo Stilton and the Kingdom of Fantasy #4: The Dragon Prophecy, Underworlds #4: The Ice Dragon and BeastQuest Special Edition #2: Vedra and Krimon, The Twin Dragons.
- Finally, Paper Flying Dragons from Klutz is a fun take on paper airplanes!
As we are entering the Year of the Snake, I wonder whether we will see more snake books this year…Or will we scale back on dragon books?
Did you read any great dragon books this past year?
Happy Chinese New Year!
Posted: February 6th, 2013 under Books. .
No comments yet