Weekly “Pinspiration”: Five Halloween ideas from Pinterest
By Lia on October 19th, 2012
Our weekly “Pinspiration” series continues, and with Halloween almost upon us, there’s no better time to turn to Pinterest (show of hands: how many of you have already created a Halloween board?) Here are five ways to use Pinterest to celebrate the holiday:
- Pin potential costume ideas. We’ve found some awesome literary-inspired costumes on Pinterest– everything from Katniss to Ms. Frizzle. (More on that in a future OOM post!) Even pets are getting in on the Halloween festivities. Check out this adorable pup dressed as Harry Potter!
- Whether carved or decorated, pumpkins are often the highlight of Halloween celebrations. Looking for some creative, Jack-o’-lantern suggestions? Pinterest has you covered. (I especially love this Clifford pumpkin, though I might be a little biased.)
- Halloween is the perfect opportunity to brush up on your arts-and-crafts skills. Luckily, Pinterest is teeming with craft ideas, many of which are kid-friendly (like these ghost footprint paintings!) If pumpkin-carving isn’t up your alley, there are always outdoor lanterns or homemade pumpkin Rice Krispie treats…
- Yes, Halloween is a holiday associated with candy, but there are plenty of healthy (and still festive) snack options available. Why not try this Jack-o’-lantern veggie platter or Jack-o’-lantern clementines?
- Bring Halloween into the classroom with holiday-themed activities, bulletin boards, and decorations.
We’d love to hear your Pinterest-inspired Halloween ideas in the comments below!
Image via JeffK
No comments yet