Haunting Halloween reads PLUS a Giveaway!
By Michael on October 22nd, 2012
Wait – you haven’t decided what your Halloween read is?
Well, it’s a good thing we made this list then! Here are a few suggestions…
- Monster Mash is, of course, based on the song from 1962 and it’s the illustrations in this book that are the ‘graveyard smash!’ With a gaggle of dancing monsters (who’s average eye count seems to be 1.85235) and a rocking skeleton band, there are tons of funny elements that can make any storytime a party.
- Moody Monsters, also new this year, is part book, part craft and ALL FUN! It includes finger puppets, a play scene and a story that features character names like Happy Harry, Confused Carl and Tired Tilly- how could you go wrong?
- Goosebumps WANTED: The Haunted Mask is the first Goosebumps book ever in hardcover. It’s the 20th Anniversary of the series and this book features the most notorious villains of the series in two awesome stories!
- Fans of Geronimo Stilton will LOVE Creepella von Cacklefur! The series has all the hi-jinx one would expect from Geronimo and even a few ‘cheesy’ puns!
- For the tween set, Rotten Apple #2: Zombie Dog couldn’t be cuter/frightening. The cover features a ghostly chihuahua, the nemesis of Becky and her very alive pet dog Bear, who gets blamed for zombie dog’s destruction!
- The new book by Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys, includes dead kings, ghosts, psychic energy and so much more! It’s perfect as a weekend read in October (or January or June too!)
If you want more choices (and assurances that we here at OOM can come up with lots of Halloween-themed adjectives,) there are loads more on our Hair-Raising Halloween Reads pinterest board!
PLUS…you have the chance to win a TREAT – your choice of any book featured above! Just leave your favorite spooky book in the comments section. It’s that simple! We’ll randomly pick three winners from anyone who has commented by Friday at 12 p.m. (EST) Here’s a link to the full rules.