Scholastic & the Gates Foundation Release Largest-Ever Teacher Survey
By Scholastic on March 3rd, 2010
The Scholastic Headquarters are humming this morning, as today marks the launch of Primary Sources: America’s Teachers on America’s Schools, a joint project of Scholastic and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and what is believed to be the largest-ever survey of America’s public school teachers.
We asked 40,000 teachers for their thoughts on education reform, and they answered, revealing their powerful, nuanced views on the challenges facing our schools and key solutions to addressing those challenges, including:
* Establish Clear Standards, Common Across States
* Use Multiple Measures to Evaluate Student Performance
* Innovate to Reach Today’s Students
* Accurately Measure Teacher Performance and Provide Non-Monetary Rewards
* Bridge School & Home to Raise Student Achievement
The full report results will be released via live Webcast this morning at 10am EST/7am PT to register for the webcast, download the full report (after 11am)or comment on the study, please visit www.scholastic.com/primarysources.
Posted: March 3rd, 2010 under Uncategorized. .
No comments yet